The Great Gatsby Book Review & Book Learning
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Favorite Character: Jay Gatsby
It’s written by the American author, F. Scott Fitzgerald, a writer who died in his forties thinking himself as a failure. It is set in the background of the roaring twenties of America. Additionally, this book didn’t start well, but later became one of the timeless classics of the world literature. The author is known for his literary brilliance.
What To Read Next?
7 Reasons Why It Is Your Next Book
- You like those unconventional type of love stories where the happy ending is just a dream far far away. This is a love story of two characters who are far from perfect. Unlike other stories, not everyone will be able to develop sympathies for them.
- One of the greatest written love stories of all time.
- If you want to know whether repeating your past is something doable.
- You like the Jazz American Era of the twenties and are always thrilled to know more about it.
- You like grandeur, fashion, riches and the lavish lifestyle.
- (For girls :)) The character of young, rich and mysterious Gatsby is going to make you daydream about a partner like him. You might want to know what’s so special about him.
- You are interested in knowing how far materialism and money can get you. It makes you ponder on the hollowness of a life based more on leisure than love.
Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . . And then one fine morning—
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
What was your reason for reading this book? Let us know in the comments.