It is a Pulitzer prize-winning novel by Harper Lee, published in 1960. It’s a classic of modern American literature and is widely taught book in American schools.
Genre Of ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’
Bildungsroman, Courtroom drama
Favourite Character From ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’
7 Reasons Why It Is Your Next Book
- Wondering what books to give to your children to teach them some good moral values? This book is the answer. It is going to teach everything from courage, compassion, gender roles, humanity, equality for all to tolerance in a very heartwarming way.
- A book that deals with the issues like rape and racism, and how a father taught her children about these complex issues.
- This book will tell you about how to teach your kids to do the right thing even if it’s tough sometimes.
- Atticus Finch is a role model for many readers. He is also used as an ideal standard for the lawyers. He became the figure of racial heroism.
- It is one of the most read books in America that deals with the issue of race. It’s known for it simple yet powerful writing.
- It has been once ranked ahead of the Bible as a book that “every adult should read before they die” by British librarians. That’s a big achievement in itself.
- In the hometown of the author, every year there is a play performed based on this novel. IT has also been adapted into a movie.
- Many characters derive inspiration from her own life and her experiences. The character of Dill is based on her childhood friend, Truman Capote, known for his book “Breakfast At Tiffany’s.”
Best Quote From ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’
“Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit ’em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”