The Sun Also Rises Book Review & Book Learning
Author: Ernest Hemingway
Genre: Romance, Travelogue
Favorite Character: Lady Ashley
In the first place, it’s written by Ernest Hemingway, a writer that needs no introduction. Not to mention, the author has won both Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and Nobel Prize in Literature.
I have read this book two times. First time in 2007 and second time, exactly after 10 years, in 2017. I am not going to convince you whether or not you should read this book. To put it differently, once you are done reading this post, you will be able to decide it for yourself.
What To Read Next?
6 Reasons Why It Is Your Next Book
- You like bullfighting or wanted to experience that at least once in your life. Notably, the writer has captured all the minute details of olden time fiesta involving bullfighting in an excellent manner.
- You are a lover of wine. And some of the best quotes about wine you are going to find in this book.
- You want to know more about France and Spain in the twenties, or in particular, you simply love those two countries and any details about those places excite you.
- You are an expat in a foreign land mainly I will say, an American in France.
- You love reading unusual love stories. This book revolves around the unique love story between Jake and promiscuous Ashley. It’s not a happy ending one. (Spoiler Alert…Oops!!!)
- If you love the aristocratic lifestyle, you are going to get tonnes of that in this book.
“Don’t you ever get the feeling that all your life is going by and you’re not taking advantage of it? Do you realize you’ve lived nearly half the time you have to live already?”
What was your reason for reading this book? Let us know in the comments.