The Giver Book Review & Book Learning
Author: Lois Lowry
Genre: Dystopian Fiction
Favorite Character: Jonas
This book is a young adult dystopian novel by American author, Lois Lowry. She has written more than thirty children books and is known for exploring the complex issues as racism, terminal illness, murder and the Holocaust in her books. The Giver is one of the challenged books of all time and has sold more than 10 million copies.
What Should I Read Next?
5 Reasons Why It Is Your Next Book
- What if all the pain and suffering go away from the world? Will such world flourish?
- A utopian book that turns into a dystopian story. Interested now?
- If you have ever thought about an ideal society where people are not hungry anymore, where you talk openly about your feelings with your family, where there is no stealing, no judging others on the basis of their physical features, this book is for you.
- A book that will describe a society based on sameness.
- As a parent, this is one of the books that you should make your kids read. It explores one of the challenging issues of questioning the authority.
“The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.”
What was your reason for reading this book? Let us know in the comments.